Series and Parallel Circuits
A series circuit is a circuit with only one loop.
A parallel circuit is a circuit with multiple loops.
Rules of Series Circuits
Rules of Parallel Circuits
- What is the rule for potential difference in a series circuit?
- Your answer should include: Adds / Add
Explanation: Potential difference adds up.
- What is the difference between a series and parallel circuit?
- Your answer should include: One / Multiple / Loop / Loops
Explanation: Series only has one loop. Parallel has multiple/more than one loop.
- What is the potential difference across the 3Ω resistor?
- Your answer should include: 12V / 12