The frequency of a wave is the number of waves that passes a given point in one second. It is measured in Hertz (Hz). The equation for frequency is: Frequency = 1 / Time Period f = 1 / T
- A water wave has a wavelength of 1m and a frequency of 2 Hz. How fast is the wave travelling?
- Your answer should include: 2m/s / 2
- A wave on a string is travelling at 3m/s. It has a wavelength of 3m. What is the frequency?
- Your answer should include: 1Hz / 1
- A flute gives out sound waves which travel at 330m/s and have of around 100Hz. What is the wavelength of this wave?
- Your answer should include: 3.3m / 3.3