What do I have to do?
__WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO? __
Translate into English- 35 words at foundation, 50 at higher.
Range of tenses and verb forms.
You will be marked on how effectively you translate small sections of text- there are 9 marks available per translation.
- How many marks is the translation worth?
- What should your first step be for translation?
- work out the message for each sentence
Steps to success
__HOW DO I SUCCEED? __
- Step 1- work out what the key message of each sentence is…
- Step 2- work out what tense each sentence is in
- Step 3- translate the cognates and words you recognise
- Step 4- use the annotations you have made to try and translate other parts of the text
- Step 5- look at the words you still ‘don’t know’, what would make sense in the gap?
- Step 6- now write up your translation in effective English- check the translations carefully to make sure the English is effective
__HOW DO I REVISE? __
- Practice, practice, practice
- Ensure you can recognise and translate different verb forms
- Ensure you can recognise and translate small but important words such as negatives and prepositions