Key vocabulary learning skills
__Vocabulary learning skills: __
- To try and reduce the number you need to learn, try to use all the tricks you can e.g.
a. “ha ha it sounds like” – Laine = wool = a sheep called Len. (If it makes you laugh it is more likely to work. Our brains are funny like that!)
b. “ooh it reminds me of” – pantalon = a bit like pantaloons = those funny old fashioned trousers in your history books.
At home, do it little and often - lots of breaks because it is boring!
No background noise/music. (Music is good for concentration for most other HW but bad for memorisation HW – it just is. Sorry!)
Learn the meanings first.
Cover up the English
Test yourself: Look – cover – say (the English) – check
Test yourself again: Look – cover – say – check (just ones you got wrong)
When you have 100% correct, move on
- Now learn the spellings.
Cover up the French
Test yourself: Look – cover – write (the French) – check
Look – cover – write – check (just the ones you got wrong)
When you have 100% correct, have a biscuit!
Me, my family and friends
ME, MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS
- Translate: they argue when they are together
- ils se disputent quand ils sont ensemble
- Translate: her hair is curley
- ses cheveux sont bouclés
- Translate: my older sister is single
- ma soeur aînée est célibataire