What do I have to do?
Choose between 2 150 word essays
Worth 32 marks
Expand opinions and develop ideas
Use a different tense
Be creative but answer the question
Assessed on content, accuracy and range of language.
How can I get full marks?
· Mention all of the bullet points, tick them off as you do, you don’t need to write the same amount about each one.
· Keep your response really relevant- don’t just waffle on about anything you know related to the topic, make sure you answer and respond to the bullet point.
· Develop and justify and explain your opinions, giving examples wherever possible.
· Once you have written a sentence read back through it and make sure it actually makes sense/ the message comes across. If not simplify or shorten it.
· Identify which bullet points target the different time frames/ tenses and check that your verb formation is accurate.
· In some cases, the language used in the bullet point can be manipulated to help you write a successful response. For example, in Question 1.1, the first bullet point ‘votre destination de vacances préférée’ is easily adapted to produce ‘ma destination de vacances préférée est…’(see note on pronouns in the speaking section).
· Go for fewer, more impressive sentences featuring complex opinions, accurate verbs, developed opinions and connectives rather than writing lots of simpler sentences just to fill the pages.
· Vary your language where possible and aim for –CROISSANT- COMPARATIVES, REASONS, OPINIONS, INTENSIFIERS,SOPHISTICATED STRUCTURES,SUBORDINATE CLAUSES (extra bits),ADVERBS,NEGATIVES,TENSES. (see your hand out).