What Is the Taiga Like?
Net Primary Productivity is the amount of energy made available by plants to animals, only at the herbivore (plant) level, and is expressed as kg/m2/yr.
From this graph, we can see the Taiga has a low NPP compared to the Tropical Rainforest.
- What is the temperature and precipitation like in the Taiga?
- Your answer should include: Low / Seasonal
- How are plants adapted to live in the Taiga?
- Your answer should include: Coniferous / Fur / Hibernate / Migrate
- What is the nutrient cycle like in the Taiga compared to the TRF?
- Your answer should include: Slow / Litter / Small / Biomass