Measuring Quality of Life
Sustainable Development is the ability to provide for current generations without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- Uses resources that cannot be replaced
- Produces wastes that cannot be broken down
- Steals from the future to feed the present
- Uses resources that are replaced regularly
- Produces wastes that break down harmlessly
- Protects the future
A sustainable city provides good quality of life for all its residents without using up resources in a way that means future residents will have to accept lower quality of life.
- Explain how to measure quality of life, linking to Sustainable Development.
- Your answer should include: Needs / Crime / Quality / of / Life
- How can London be sustainable?
- Your answer should include: Transport / Employment / Housing / Recycling / Green / Spaces