- The biosphere is the living part (animals and plants) of the Earth
- Starts a few metres underground in the soil until 30 metres into the atmosphere
- It provides us with goods and services for survival and commercial use
- Goods – materials/ resources that we get from the biospher
Biosphere and Indigenous People
Indigenous People– original people of the region that lead traditional lifestyles and use the area to survive.
Transnational Companies – are giant companies operating in many countries.
- What goods does the biosphere provide?
- Your answer should include: Wood / Trees / Medicine
- Why is the Biosphere important to indigenous and local people?
- Your answer should include: Spirituality / Home
- How does the biosphere get exploited by wider global use?
- Your answer should include: Crops / Wood / Deforestation / Land / Burning