Protein: Dietary Reference Values
- Protein is crucial for growth, repair, and maintenance of body tissues in the human body.
- Dietary Reference Values (DRVs) determine the necessary protein intake for optimal health.
- For adolescents and adults, the daily recommended protein intake is 0.75g per kilogramme of body weight.
- Adequate protein ensures sufficient amino acids for various processes, including building enzymes and maintaining the immune system.
- Various protein sources, such as meat, fish, dairy products, legumes, and nuts, should be included in the diet for a balanced intake of essential amino acids.
- Understanding and incorporating the DRVs for protein into dietary planning can promote a healthy lifestyle and overall well-being.